Friday, July 8, 2011

So far so good.

It is day 4 having our chicks and they are all doing very well. They eatand drink wellandseemto be quite happy little chicks. I had been a bit concerned about them not roosting the first day and was informed that they may not roost for a while. Turns out I spoke too soon since the following day they were sitting up there. We have given them a pie plate of play sand to use as grit and for dust bathing. They have been eating it so we decided to give them grass clippings which they loved. I also gave them a dandelion today and some dandelion greens... they loved it! They went right for the flower and pecked away at it. From what I have been reading I do believe we may have gotten lucky and have 4 hens... no Roo's. There is one that I would say I am only 75% sure... but I am 95% sure about the other 3. I would hate to have to give any of them away since they are all so sweet. They come to our hands and want to be rubbed under the belly. They are so sweet and adorable! I wish we didn't get them sooner! People don't seem to understand how truly beautiful chickens are... especially as chicks! I just adore them.

Here are some more photos for your enjoyment!
"I'm the king of the castle!"

No comments:

Post a Comment