Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ducks!



I simply have to mention that this spring we had a mother duck make her nest in a bush around our pool. We watched her sit for 2 weeks and then one faithful morning I looked out into our yard and there was Mommy duck and 11... YES 11 little ducklings! The kids both got to see them and watch them take their first swim in our pool. So cute. The celebration quickly changed to concern when they ended up stuck in our pool. I had to hop in and get them out with our skimmer net. Needless to say, they didn't stick around after that. I am sure they made their way to the river a block away or maybe the pond across the street. Either way, I did my good deed and saved them from drowning in our pool. The whole experience was part of the reason we are getting chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment