Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Nephew on the way = time for another blanket!

I have started a new baby blanket for my soon to arrive nephew Dominique. I chose a Tavern Green, Country Blue and Off white from Bernat Cotton-Ultrasoft (although I have not been albe to find the colours online; I purchased them from Zellers). I think it will turn out beautifully. I am doing a simple wave pattern and so far it is looking great. The pattern had said to carry each colour up the sides but so far I have chosen to drop each colour and stitch the ends in each time there is a colour change. This means lots of stitching but I think it will look better in the end since the blanket will not have edging. I may try stitching them up the sides rather than cut each time. We shall see how that works out. It is a work in pregress and I am learning as I go since I am still just learning the skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment