Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pinterest Inspirations!

If you have not been on pinterest... you must check it out.  It can be time consuming and frustrating sorting through all sorts of blogs and websites to find good craft ideas, food recipe, decorating ideas and so much more.  Here is the description of pinterest from the site itself:


"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."

Essentially, you brows through "pins" of others, follow other pinners and pin you find yourself online.  It is basically like having access to every members online bookmarks organized by category and organizing your own.  There are categories such as DIY and crafts, gardening, humour, Home Decor, Food and Drink and many more.  So basically it is a site full of links which others have found interesting all organized by category. You get to create your own boards and pin things you find interesting from either other pinners or anywhere online. 

I have found all sorts of ideas and info about crafts for me and the kids, sewing and crocheting, gardening, decorating, recipes and more.  It is easy to get caught up in all the info and never actually do any of the ideas you pin.  Here are a few pins I have actually done lately:

Pin: Easy Chocolate Fondant from thechocobunny.blogspot.com

Pin:  Breaded Zucchini Sticks from kingarthurflour.com 
 I took some liberties here.  I used zucchini sticks as well as some dill pickle spears.  I didn't use pizza seasoning... simply some salt and pepper.  I used a garlic dip mix I purchased from Gourmet Village while in Niagara on the Lake.  I also went with a fattier version since I shallow fried them in a mix of coconut and vegetable oil.

 Pin: Homemade Fruit Snacks from alldayidreamaboutfood.com
I also took some liberties here.  I used 2 fruit cups rather than 1/2c fruit juice and 1/2c applesauce.  I blended them and strained them to get the 1/2c juice and 1/2c sauce.  I also used raspberries alone rather than a berry mix simply because I didn't have a mix.  They turned out well.

 Pin: Homemade cornstarch Paint from thecheesethief.com
  Pin:  Mess-Free Finger Painting from hippiehousewife.blogspot.com  
I combined the cornstarch paint with the mess-free finger painting since the homemade paint uses food colouring which can stain clothes among other things.   Perfect Harmony!

No comments:

Post a Comment