Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Blanket for my first Nephew!

I made a blanket for my nephew Dante Matteo.  It took forever to get completed since I have 2 little ones under the age of 3, but I managed to do it. I used 5 balls of cotton totes yarn by Bernat. I chose a light blue colour and just did the blanket with a simple stitch rather than using a pattern. I got the stitch form the book The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet. I really like this book and they have great illustrations for beginners as well as showing both written and symbol instructions.

Blanket Stitch
Chain multiple of 3. (I chained 75 and used a 9mm hook)

Foundation Row:
work 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, *skip next 2 ch [1sc, 2dc] in next ch, rep from * to within last 3 ch, skip next 2 ch, 1sc in last ch, turn

Row 1:
Ch 1 (counts as sc), work 2dc in the first st, *skip 2dc [1sc, 2dc] in the next sc, rep from * to last 3 sts, skip 2dc, 1sc in the top of the turning ch, turn.




No comments:

Post a Comment