Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Portobello Mushroom Benedict with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

A recipe from the 'Cook Yourself Thin' cookbook. Aaron and I decided to give this a try. Not that we are partial to eggs benedict, I am not a big fan myself, but this recipe looked very tasty. The recipe can be found HERE. This recipe was delicious. I cut the mayo in half since I found it to be a bit much and over powered the red pepper flavour. Also we have used other types of greens for a substitute for the spinach... whatever you have on hand should be tasty, except maybe mustard greens, they can be a bit much. We used beet greens which was very yummy as well as collards. Spinach would be ideal since it is mild in flavour compared to most other greens but use what you have on hand. I would recommend this recipe for any occasion. It didn't take long to make and was no trouble at all.. but it is definitely nice enough for a special occasion such as an anniversary or when you want to impress your guest(s).

Calories per serving 253.

No comments:

Post a Comment