Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Windsor Star is coming!

This afternoon the Windsor Star (Largest Local Newspaper) will be coming to take some photos and also did a phone interview with myself about the current Backyard Chicken issues.

I was asked why I don't erase the blog since it was part of the reason the chickens were discovered in our yard? Answer: It goes against everything I believe in. Raising Chickens is not something I am ashamed of or feel I should have to hide. Its about educating my children as well as others in the community and who may stumble across my blogs.

I am very glad that we are getting some support from the local media. This is an issue we plan on fighting for. Its not just keeping chickens in our backyard, its about understanding where food comes from, having some sort of sustainable food source and living a simpler more earth friendly way. This is much bigger than just having pet chickens in our yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment